Grand Opening Launch
by Wellington’s Ceremonial Ale Taster Jeremy Baily
The first Wellington Oktoberfest launched on Saturday 1st October at a PopUp Bar in the town centre market. The town’s Ceremonial Ale Taster, Jeremy Baily, was the host, and there were many tempting food counters and real ales as well as local band, Vorsprung durch Oompah, who played thigh slapping German tunes to give the launch a real Bavarian atmosphere.
Ten Pubs, eight Shropshire Breweries and a Pop-Up Bar in the Market will sell local beers with at least one German ingredient throughout the month of October.
Micro brewing is a powerful local industry in Shropshire with over 25 county-based breweries producing innovative and award winning beers, there must be something in the (glacial) water!
All welcome, free entry.
THE MONTH OF OKTOBERFEST:
There are eleven locations around Wellington taking part and the special beers will be highlighted on branded pump-clips
1. The Cock Hotel, 148 Holyhead Road
2. The Haygate Inn, 26 Haygate Road
3. The Park Hotel, Whitchurch Road
4. The Pheasant, 54 Market Street
5. The Plough, 38 King Street
6. The Railway, 42-44 Mill Bank
7. The Red Lion, Holyhead Road
8. The White Lion, 9-11 Crown Street
9. William Withering 43-45 New Street
10. The Wrekin Inn, 26 Wrekin Road
11. PopUp Bar, The Market Yard, Wellington Market